Established in 2008, the Trico Charitable Foundation seeks to close gaps in society by provoking innovation and building capacity in social entrepreneurship. Its work focuses on the Canadian context through four key areas of focus: 1) A.S.E.S.S., a capacity building toolkit with funding for non-profit social enterprises in Alberta, Canada; 2) a biennial Social EnterPrize which celebrates mature Canadian social enterprises (for profit and not-for profit) and commissions case studies on the recipients; 3) The World of Social Entrepreneurship, an annual Calgary event in partnership with the local community that brings some of the best and brightest examples of social entrepreneurship from around the world to Calgary; and 4) working with the JW McConnell Family Foundation on RECODE, an effort to nurture social innovation and social entrepreneurship in Canada’s post-secondary institutions.
To learn more about Trico Foundation and how we see social entrepreneurship, please visit https://tricofoundation.ca/social-entrepreneurship-2/(opens in a new tab)
We are seeking a summer student who is currently developing a social enterprise to join our team for the summer of 2019. This role will be a combination of working on the venture the student is developing and supporting the initiatives of the Foundation. The Trico Summer Student Social Entrepreneur will work full-time over summer 2019 (exact start and end dates to be negotiated based on the selected student’s schedule) at $15 an hour. Tasks will be broken down as follows:
- 50% of their time will be devoted to their venture as they see fit,
- 30% of their time will be devoted to putting their venture through the A.S.E.S.S. process, the Foundation’s toolkit to help social enterprises develop, and
- 20% of their time will be devoted to helping the Foundation in its other social enterprise support efforts.
- A Calgary post-secondary student (attending a Calgary region post-secondary institution or residing in the Calgary region but studying abroad);
- Attending a post-secondary institution fulltime in the Winter 2019 semester and in the Fall 2019 semester;
- Currently running or developing a social enterprise (using a business model to solve a social problem. Can be for-profit or not-for-profit).
If you are interested in our summer student position and fit the above qualifications, as a preliminary step, we ask that you please submit ideas through this form by February 15th, 2019.
Given the high volume of inquiries we get, we cannot respond to every submission and we also ask that you please refrain from contacting the Trico Foundation Team directly. Should the need arise to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . If we see a potential match between your idea and our position, you will hear from us after February 15th. The next step is typically a face to face interview with selected candidates.
Candidates are encouraged to read more about the Trico Charitable Foundation on our website www.tricofoundation.ca.