On March 25th at 3:30pm – 7:00pm, join us at the Hotel Arts in Calgary for the first ever Canadian edition of the Global Challenge competition, where teams from Canadian post-secondary institutions will compete for two spots at the Global Challenge final in Oxford, England and other prizes.
Attendees get to:
- Mingle and network (cash bar and casual hors d’oeuvres);
- Cheer on the final four teams as they present to an international panel of judges;
- Vote on the crowd favourite, who will receive a $1,000 prize;
- Learn about the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship’s technique for understanding social and environmental challenges;
- See which two Canadian teams will compete in Oxford.
The Global Challenge was launched by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at Oxford University to combat the rise of heropreneurship, a growing trend where people jump to solutions before fully understanding the social problem. Instead, the Global Challenge awards students for demonstrating a deep understanding of the social and environmental challenges they care about. The Canadian edition of the Global Challenge is hosted in partnership with the Trico Charitable Foundation, the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation’s RECODE initiative and ATB Financial.
Attendance is free, but registration is required (seating is limited). If you’re interested in attending, please register here.
For questions, connect with Jake Wildman-Sisk at email@example.com.