Are you interested in learning more about social enterprise? Do you have an idea for a new social enterprise that you’d like to develop? Do you want to explore how it could help you achieve your mission and what it would take to launch?
If so, your organization may be interested in attending an upcoming Innoweave and enp Alberta Social Enterprise webinar or workshop:
- Innoweave Introduction to Social Enterprise, September 23rd, 2015, 1:00pm – 2:00pm EST – designed to help nonprofit leaders learn about Social Enterprise.
- Innoweave Social Enterprise Opportunity Identification Session, October 14th, 2015, 12:00pm-2:00pm EST is designed to help organizations explore a range of social enterprise options that they could develop. Organizations can then select one of those options to develop at the workshop.
Full-day Workshop in Calgary: November 17th, 2015
Following these sessions, we invite organizations that have a clear idea for a social enterprise to attend a Social Enterprise workshop on November 17th, 2015, in Calgary, AB, graciously hosted by the Calgary Chamber of Voluntary Organizations.
This workshop is intended for organizations that are thinking seriously about creating a social enterprise, and have the readiness to do so. The session will provide information on how to go about creating a social enterprise, but more importantly, it will provide the space and support for leadership teams to think through their next steps in launching a business.
Innoweave and enp Alberta workshops are intended for leadership teams of organizations – organizations should send 3-4 people to this workshop in order to make the best use of group activity time.
- When: Tuesday, November 17th, from 8:30am – 4:30pm MT
- Where: The Anglican Parish of Christ Church, 3602 8 Street West, Calgary, AB
- Cost: $100 per team.
- Deadline: Applications for this workshop are due Tuesday, October 20th, 2015. Teams will be notified of the outcome by Tuesday, October 27th, 2015.
Click here to apply for this workshop.
Only one application form per team is required. Space is limited and priority will be given to organizations that have the capacity and readiness to start or expand social enterprise activities.
Organizations that participate in any Innoweave workshop will be eligible to apply for implementation funding to engage a coach to help them create a social enterprise. The next round of funding will be launched in January 2016. To learn more about Innoweave Implementation Funding, click here, and to learn more about enp Alberta grants, click here.
If you have any questions or are interested in bringing an Innoweave workshop to your community, please contact Brittni Kerluke or [email protected].