There are a growing number of events connected to social entrepreneurship. Many of them happen in our home city, demonstrating what an incredible hub of activity Calgary is. The Trico Foundation team is pleased to attend many of them and wish we could attend more.
This list from the last 30 days is our attempt to thank the hosts of these events and help get the word out about their great work:
- Managing Social Enterprise Webinar, hosted by Imagine Canada
- Zita Cobb Luncheon, hosted The Calgary Foundation. Zita is the Founder of the Shorefast Foundation.
- Insights from a Dragon, a lunch with W. Brett Wilson, hosted by the Wayne Henuset Entrepreneurship Speaker Series, the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Researching Your Business & Creating a Business Plan, hosted by the Chiu School of Business, Bow Valley College. The session was conducted by Business Link.
- An amazing night where $70,000 was handed out at the JMH LaunchPad Pitch Competition, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Mount Royal University and $50,000 was handed out at Calgary Economic Development’s Soul of the City Neighbour Grants Pitch Night.
- The Future of Social Innovation in Alberta, presented by Albert Social Innovation Connect.