We are trying something a little different this Spring and we can’t wait for you to join us!
Enp-AB is pleased to partner with enp-Canada and Innoweave to offer three exciting events to assist you on your social enterprise journey. We hope that these three opportunities will offer organizations at different stages in the social enterprise development path an opportunity to learn more and provide them with the resources they need to continue on the social enterprise path. The three events are:
This webinar, hosted by enp Canada in partnership with Innoweave and presented by David LePage, Accelerating Social Impact, will provide an introduction to Social Enterprise featuring examples of social enterprises that support a range of outcomes (e.g. social inclusion, environmental sustainability, child development, employment and others).
The content in this webinar is a requirement to participate in the following social enterprise workshops.
- April 9th, 2014- Social Enterprise Opportunity Identification Session
Got an idea for a social enterprise, but not sure if it’s a good one? Looking to choose between one of many ideas? Looking to develop some more ideas that you might launch?
Join enp Canada and our partner Innoweave for the Social Enterprise Opportunity Identification distance workshop, presented by David LePage of Accelerating Social Impact, to learn more about what makes a good Social Enterprise, how to hone your idea, and how to prepare your organization to take your idea to feasibility and market studies
This live web-based workshop will help prepare organizations to attend workshop number 3 on developing your social enterprise idea (note: while only one registration per organization is necessary, the workshop is designed around exercises to be worked through with 3-4 team members).
Interested organizations are encouraged to attend one or both of above Social Enterprise webinars in preparation for the workshop below
May 14, 2014 Social Enterprise Workshop
This workshop is intended for organizations that are thinking seriously about creating a social enterprise, and have the readiness to do so. The session will provide information on how to go about creating a social enterprise, but more importantly, it will provide the space and support for leadership teams to think through their next steps in launching a business.
This workshop is intended for leadership teams of organizations – organizations should send 3-4 people to this workshop in order to make the best use of group activity time.
- When: Wednesday, May 14th, from 8:30am – 4:30pm MST
- Where: Trico Charitable Foundation, 1003 11 ave SW, Calgary
- Cost: $200 per team of 3-4 (or $50 if your organization has attended a past enp-AB “Building your Social Enterprise” workshop)
- Deadline: Applications for this workshop are due Friday, April 18, 2014. Teams will be notified of the outcome by Friday, April 25th.
To apply for this workshop:
- Complete the Social Enterprise Self-Assessment; you will be asked to include your results code in your application.
- Click here and follow the instructions to create an application. Prior to creating an application, you will need to create an account and log in. Once you are logged in, start a new submission under “Innoweave Applications” and choose the “Social Enterprise” workshop.
- Complete the application in full and please remember to click “Submit Application” when you are done.Organizations that participate in the enp-AB & Innoweave workshop will be eligible to apply for funding from Innoweave and enp to engage a coach to help them create a social enterprise. The next round of enp-AB & Innoweave grants are open until July 2nd, 2014. To learn more about Innoweave Implementation Grants, click here, and to learn more about enp-AB grants, click here.
If you are a youth-driven or youth-assisting organization, you may qualify for reduced or free workshop attendance through enp’s Capital One Youth Entrepreneurship Fund. Contact Brittni Kerluke for more details.
Can’t wait to see you at one of these exciting events!