The Trico Charitable Foundation and the Haskayne School of Business are excited to announce that applications are now open for What’s Next YYC.
What’s Next YYC will showcase ten exciting Calgary & area based social enterprises that have already won awards and/or successfully completed a local social enterprise support program. It looks to answer “what’s next?” on the journey for these organizations. Explains Dan Overall, Executive Director of the Trico Foundation:
“What’s Next YYC is our answer to a problem we were hearing anecdotally, namely, local social enterprises telling us they often feel like there isn’t much additional support after they get an award or after they complete a social enterprise program. It’s almost like the circus leaves town. We are delighted to introduce an award that builds on the work of Calgary and area’s social enterprise support system and helps local social enterprises get to the next level.”
During the event, each of the ten finalists will do a two-minute pitch to the audience. Then one award of $25,000 will be given to the organization that has the highest popular audience vote and three awards of $25,000 each will be presented to organizations selected by a Jury (please note: an organization can only receive one award for the evening).
NEW PERK: Each of the ten finalists will be given a booth prior to the Social EnterPrize event to showcase their work!!
ANOTHER NEW PERK: International leader on social entrepreneurship, Charmian Love, will provide one hour of coaching to each of the four recipients. Learn more about Charmian here.
What’s Next YYC will occur at the University of Calgary on the evening of November 21st, 2019 in conjunction with the Social EnterPrize award ceremony. Register here.
Who is Eligible?
- Calgary & area based organizations that use business models—selling a product or service—to solve social problems;
- Organizations that have received an award and/or successfully completed a social enterprise capacity building program;
- Further eligibility requirements can be found in the application linked below.
How to Apply?
- Complete the application and provide all required documentation by October 16th, 2019. Apply here! APPLICATION NOW CLOSED.
- Please note that given the high volume of applications, we cannot respond to every submission. Applicants making the ten finalists will be notified by November 6, 2019.
- Join us on November 21st, 2019 to celebrate both local and national leaders dedicated to using business models to directly solve social problems. Register here.)