Trico Charitable Foundation’s Social EnterPrize awards recognize and celebrate leadership and excellence in social entrepreneurship across Canada.
We are pleased to announce the call for the 2015 Social EnterPrize nominees who demonstrate best practices, impact, and innovation using markets to solve social problems.
Each recipient will receive:
- $25,000 Cash Prize
- $5,000 in consulting services from the Business Development Bank of Canada
- Video Profile
- Profile in a case study undertaken by a Canadian post-secondary institution
- All expenses paid trip (travel, accommodation, and registration), to the Social Finance Forum in Toronto, November 12-13, 2015
- All four recipients will be part of a private dinner on November 12, hosted by MaRS and Trico, where they can converse with four experienced leaders in the field of social finance.
- NEW: It takes a team, now you can take your team! Recipients of the 2015 Social EnterPrize can now bring up to 3 members of its social enterprise team to the Social Finance Forum (SFF) in Toronto on November 12-13, 2015 and join on the stage to receive the award– that means we are covering their flights, accommodations and registration.
See Videos of previous winners.
Apply Now! Application deadline: May 29, 2015, 4 pm MST.
Social EnterPrize 2015 is presented by the Trico Charitable Foundation in partnership with the
MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and the Business Development Bank of Canada
At its core, social entrepreneurship uses markets and new ideas to solve social problems. Regardless of whether it’s an individual or an organization, regardless of their choice of incorporation- non-profit or for-profit, these elements are the driving force.
We are a private foundation that believes in supporting social entrepreneurship through programmatic, grant making, and partnership approaches. We take a systems view to every decision we make and foster social entrepreneurship by supporting the ecosystem and providing social entrepreneurs with capacity building resources.
We believe in making social entrepreneurship mainstream. We know we can’t do it alone. Which is why we don’t just fund organizations; we work with them and learn with them to move the sector forward, taking risks along the way.
The Social EnterPrize awards were created to recognize and celebrate leadership and excellence in social entrepreneurship across Canada. The awards look for the best practices, social impact and innovation of organizations and their social entrepreneurial strategies.The awards are presented bi-annually and provide organizations with award funds that can be used to take their social enterprise to the next level. The awards were last presented in 2013 at the Social Enterprise World Forum and will be awarded in 2015.